Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gary Chaw - Super Sunshine


I got this album last month and I was going to post this earlier but due to some circumstances, it’s delayed until now. The packaging of this album is worth praising, it’s glossy and very nice in colors. Overall, I like this album but I do prefer his fast songs in this album more. I remember not like the first single Super Sunshine when I first heard it and I still don’t…


My favorite tracks:

- 起床歌 – My favorite track of the album, it’s so swingy that makes me want to shake as well

- 無辜 – a ballad song that displays Gary’s strong vocals but there’s also a sense of deja-vu as it really reminds me of 背叛 in terms of sadness

- 吹吹風 – very comfy, light and relaxing bossa nova, heard the Cantonese version first but I like the lyrics of this Mandarin version more

- 奈斯男孩 – I have no idea what 奈斯 means but I guess it means ‘bad’, it’s the only song that seems out of place in this album in terms of content but fits in terms of style. Weird…

- 愛到最後一秒也不委曲 – familiar melody since there’s a Cantonese version, which I heard first and really like the lyrics, this version is still good.

- 愛愛 – very sweet proposal song, you can hear a Cantonese segment with sounds from a traditional Chinese wedding.

- 你的歌 – if you’re his fans, then you’ll feel warmness hearing this song.

No comments: