Saturday, July 26, 2008

Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon

Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon Synopsis: (from Yesasia)
His country torn asunder by civil war, ZHAO, a common man heeds the call of duty and from the humblest of roots rises through the ranks on wings of courage and cunning to command an army charged with liberating the land from an evil warlord.

Inspiring by action, honor and a dream of unifying his divided nation, Zhao's heroism becomes legend, but as the years pass and the throne changes hands the war still rages on. When a newly enthroned king decides peace can only be achieved by defeating the warlords once and for all, the ageing Zhao embarks on his final and greatest campaign, a road to adventure that will crown his name in glory for all time.


My comments:
Well, another war epic movie! Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon is still a watchable movie but frankly speaking, I was unfocused during most of the movie and I wasn’t emotionally attached with the characters. Perhaps, I’m starting to numb at these epic movies since you already know that most of the characters will get slayed at the end. However, there are a few scenes that made a bit uncomfortable in this one.

I don’t know much about the story of Three Kingdoms, therefore I was confused at their tactics and it doesn’t help that they introduce a lot of characters like flash but make them disappear like flash too. The action is really too fast this time due to editing, I have a hard time telling who attacked who. Finally, it's odd to find a bunch of ABCs (Maggie Q, Vanness Wu and Andy On) acting in a period movie. I’m sorry but when I see Maggie Q’s face and then hearing her voice dubbed in Mandarin, I felt like laughing! I hope that dear Andy Lau will come back with a modern movie instead next time…

No comments: