Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Case of Itaewon Homicide

The Case of Itaewon Homicide Synopsis (from AsianMediaWiki)
A college student, Jong-pil Jo, gets into an argument with some youths at fast food restaurant in Itaewon, South Korea. The boy is later found stabbed to death in the restroom of the restaurant. Two Korean-Americans, Pearson and Alex, are known to have gone into the bathroom after Jong-pil Jo and become prime suspects. The prosecution must now determine which of the two committed the crime.


My comments:
When I picked up The Case of Itaewon Homicide, I absolutely didn’t know that Song Joong Ki was in the movie. So what a treat to watch two of Korea’s prettiest guys (Jang Geun Suk and Song Joong Ki) in the same movie but also not looking very pretty in the film. I enjoyed this movie, a good portion was in English and I didn’t have to over rely on the subs to understand what the actors were speaking. Therefore, I’m surprised at how good Jang Geun Suk’s English. It wasn’t American perfect but still above average. If this movie wasn’t based on a real case, I wouldn’t feel so depressed at the end. It was a gruesome murder without any motive and at the end, we have no definite answer to who was the real killer and both suspects just got away from it. Sigh…where is the justice?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey can you post a cut of joong ki's part? kamsahamnida ^^

Yih said...

Um, I can't seem to find a clip of only Joong Ki's part...If you didn't see the movie yet, youtube probably still has it. :)