Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mackerel Run

Mackerel Run Synopsis: (from DramaWiki)
A high school drama filled with hilarious moments.

Cast:
Lee Min Ho as Cha Gong Chan
Moon Chae Won as Min Yoon Seo
Kwon Se In as Baek Hyun
Jung Yung Jo as Yoon Se Mi


My comments:
Finally, after a lot of browsing and researching, I managed to watch Mackerel Run (SBS, 8 episodes) online with Chinese subs. If it wasn’t for Lee Min Ho, I don’t think I can finish it until the end, even though the drama was just 8 episodes. This drama has that exaggerated manga style in action and acting; even Lee Min Ho was overdoing his facial expressions. I can just say that before Lee Min Ho became Gu Jun Pyo in Boys Over Flowers, he was the male version of Geum Jang Di in Mackerel Run. Seriously, Gong Chan gets bullied like this at school? We are talking about the students, teachers and the principal trying all means to kick a student out of school because he score his own goal at a soccer competition! It’s just too much, even if we’re taking about a prestigious school.

Aside from that, it didn’t help that I wasn’t rooting for Gong Chan and Yoon Seo as a couple. I was rooting for class president Sae Mi to be with Gong Chan instead because of their similar backgrounds. I just think that if Gong Chan and Yoon Seo are together, they will face many hardships in the future. Therefore, I actually like the ending as it is. If you’re a fan of Lee Min Ho, watch it, if not skip it…

No comments: