Monday, May 12, 2008

Playboy Cops

Playboy Cops Synopsis: (from Yesasia)
An extremely brutal armed robbery case has brought two very unusual young detectives together in Hong Kong. Both men have been known not to follow the usual rules of conduct in solving crimes. Lincoln, the younger brother of the deceased, an ex-policeman in China, has sworn to find the man who has murdered his brother. While he investigates the murder on his own in Hong Kong, he meets Michael, a CID officer on suspension. Michael has often been warned against insubordination, and for pulling stunts such as using his own private helicopter to capture criminals on the run...


My comments:
With a movie poster and a title like that, can you take Playboy Cops seriously? I didn’t when I watched the first third of the movie because it looked like your usual buddy cop movie. Two cops who are at odds at first and interested in the same girl but later became the best partners at solving the case…geez, that’s very new...

A large part of the movie focused on Shawn and Aloys looking, walking, fighting and posing cool. If you’re a fan girl, you’ll be pleased. Unfortunately, I don’t consider myself one, so I’m a bit bothered by that. At first, it was exaggerated and unrealistic about how Shawn handled matters by using money to solve everything, which I can’t take it seriously but then the movie switched tone at the end and became very serious, violent and even traumatizing. It was very easy to guess who was the murderer but this person’s sick and mad behavior is cringe-worthy. I didn’t feel good at the end because of the violence used on a woman and one of the main cast die unexpectedly (oops, big spoiler!). I’ll admit that I did cry…Well, it’s an okay popcorn movie if you have time.

No comments: