Monday, May 5, 2008

Virgin Snow

Virgin Snow Synopsis: (from http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr)
Min moves to Japan following his professor father. One day at a local shrine, he meets a beautiful Japanese girl with innocent eyes. Her name is Nanae, and she is an aspiring painter. Min falls for her at first sight, and soon learns that Nanae attends the same school to which Min has just transferred. They become friends, and despite the culture and language barriers it is an intense friendship. When his grandmother suddenly falls ill, Min hastily returns to Korea but can’t get in touch with Nanae beforehand. After his grandmother regains her health, he hurries back to Japan to reunite with Nanae, but she is nowhere to be found. Had his true feelings for Nanae not been apparent to her? Why has Nanae disappeared without a word?


My comments:
Err…I totally felt that I wasted 100 minutes on this bad movie. It’s so mediocre that I don’t even want to write about it. Beautiful scenery and a young/good looking cast couldn’t cover its weak, blank and shallow story. I think the whole thing is so fake and unnatural. I was bored and indifferent most of the time and I was hoping the movie would finish soon. About the acting, Lee Jun Ki and Miyazaki Aoi gave their average performance but even so it failed to move me at the crucial moments. For a romance movie, it’s a total failure; perhaps I’m too old for that movie.

No comments: