Saturday, May 7, 2011

Khalil Fong - 15

Finally got it and I’ve been holding myself from sampling his album in Youtube so I can savor the overly long anticipation of Khalil’s 5th album. The packaging is interesting but I’m having a headache to where to put it since it can not fit in my CD shelves. While the lyrics/picture booklet is nice to look at but the CD is put in a very thin envelope…




The album starts with a track with a long intro in Gotta Make A Change and concluded with a long outro in 好不容易. My first impressions of this album is that the first 2 plugs 因為你 and 好不容易 are considered listener friendly songs of the whole album. It’s not an album for usual Canto pop listeners as it takes time to warm to the songs but it grows on you. I only didn’t like 曇花 and 張永成 because I think they were a bit too "loud".

I already said before that Gotta Make A Change is probably my favorite track currently as I find myself tapping my fingers everytime I listen to it. But lately, I’m frequently repeating Over over and over [he!] again.

無菇朋友 is a cute kiddie song feel about staying away from drugs. For 自以為, the cuteness of this song is more or less enhanced by the MV.

From 四人遊's story of an ex-couple's ambiguity to 三人游's story about the third party self-sacrificing, watching the couple from afar to now 二人遊's story about the one in relationship warning the third party not to butt in. So, I wonder what will be 一人遊's story in the future?

No comments: