Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Eye In The Sky

Eye in the Sky Synopsis (from Yesasia)
Yam is Mike, head of the SU (Surveillance Unit), a dedicated unit of cops whose job is to follow, listen, and learn - but they must never engage their quarry. They've just taken on a new member, rookie cop Bo (former Miss Hong Kong Kate Tsui), and she receives a trial by fire when charismatic criminal Shan (Tony Leung Ka Fai) stages a daring daylight robbery. The SU immediately begins searching for Shan, using every resource at their disposal, from camera surveillance to smart card tracking to plain, old-fashioned legwork. But Shan is no ordinary criminal, and seems to be as smart as the cops on his trail. When the game escalates to life and death stakes, Bo becomes the only one who can track down Shan and bring him to justice.


My comments:
By looking at the cast, it reminds me of Election. Well, this is an interesting and tense movie and it’s expected to see good performances from the male leads but surprisingly even Kate Tsui managed to do well. The scene stealer is actually Maggie Siu as the swearing chief and I wonder what’s the point with Simon Yam wearing a fake tummy for this role. If I didn’t put the subtitles, I think I’ll be lost while watching because there were a lot of technical and inside terms, which I’m absolutely clueless. I hope for a better ending with how Tony Leung is off…the way that it’s resolved is unconvincing…

1 comment:

p.w. said...

the story seems interesting.

i'd watch this.