Friday, November 9, 2007

Jay Chou On The Run

I received my copy of 我很忙 Tuesday but it’s only today that I really took the time to listen to it. I listened on repeat mode at work for 6 hours today (haha…I’m bragging that my job allows me to listen to my ipod…) to come with the following conclusion: I like it overall. The album flows well and it’s less melancholic compared to his previous works.


01 - 牛仔很忙 => Like it. I remember myself fainting when I first heard it but I’m used to the song now and it’s even better once you read the lyrics. It’s the only song in this album that is un-Jay.

02 - 彩虹 => Skip it. I find it forgettable

03 - 青花瓷 => Love it. The only 中國風 of the album and I have to repeat it: I LOVE IT! It’s very elegant and gentle.

04 - 陽光宅男 => Like it. I don’t know how to describe this song, it sounds very popish but I think it’s fresh.

05 - 蒲公英的約定 => Skip it. Another slow ballad, which I don’t have any feeling.

06 - 無雙 => Love it. It’s rockish and I can guarantee that you’ll freak out at 3:19, now that’s無雙

07 - 我不配 => Love it. I saw the MV first and I have a confession: I cried! It’s very touching and heart wrenching at the same time since Jay said that it’s real-life experiences.

08 - 扯 => Love it. Jay raps with some kids and he sounds different in this song.

09 - 甜甜的 => Like it. The feel of this song is like its title, sweet. It’s so pop, cheery and bright that I wonder if I’m listening to some pop idol instead.

10 - 最長的電影 => Skip it. Another slow ballad.

Calendar as goodies for pre-ordering the album...

1 comment:

p.w. said...

it's good that you ended up liking it, since you were previously worried about how the new album will sound.

haha, jay chou likes to play cowboy...