Friday, April 11, 2008

Kung Fu Dunk

Kung Fu Dunk Synopsis: (from Yesasia)
Shi-Jie (Jay Chou) grows up in a martial arts school and he is well versed in kung-fu. With his skills and his good reflexes, Shi-Jie also excels in basketball, especially the slam dunk technique. On the pretext of helping Shi-Jie find his family, Wang-Li (Eric Tsang) invites him to join the university's basketball team in hopes of making money out of him.

There Shi-Jie faces new challenges on the basketball team, especially with team mates Ting-Wei (Bo-Lin Chen) and Xiao-Lan (Baron Chen). With the upcoming championship games and the appearance of Li-Li (Charlene Choi), the team must put aside their differences and personal emotions to face their common rivals.


My comments:
After finishing Kung Fu Dunk, my reaction is “OMG, are you kidding me?!” I’m sorry Jay, even though I’m your die-hard fan, I still have to question why did you accept this movie in the first place…it’s so childish and badly written that it’s not funny. Action wise, it’s acceptable and okay but the story really kills it. Jay is still very likeable but the movie suffers from poor character development and character relationship as well. It’s like they tried to develop something but end up going nowhere instead.

Ah Sa as the love interest, didn’t have much to do, all she did was putting a smiley face and a crying face. She had zero chemistry with Jay and I can’t blame her. The Jay and Eric Tsang relationship is even more head-scratching. Their mushy conversation at the end with the candlelight atmosphere makes me wonder if they are a couple instead. I really had goosebumps here…

1 comment:

p.w. said...

i just watched a trailer for this. for some reason, it makes me think of 'shaolin soccer', but without the comedy...