Saturday, April 5, 2008

Under The Canopy of Love …the novel

Yup, you read it right this is the novel version of the TVB drama 天幕下的戀人!



For the book summary, click here

My comments:
This novel version has a total of 330 pages and it’s written by Canny Leung (梁芷珊). Since I saw the drama 2 years ago, why am I reading the novel? Good question, I have no idea why but I’m bored when I’m taking the bus/metro so yeah…I finished it in 7 days though.

I find this experience quite interesting because I usually read the novel and then watch the movie/drama adaptation but rarely the other way around. Obviously, there are more things happening in the drama that wasn’t included in the novel (eg. Natalie Tong and Charles Szeto’s part, the elder sister and her boyfriend’s part and how she was toying with Bosco, etc.) It mainly focused on Kevin and Niki’s romance part and even Bosco seemed like a minor character. The whole novel is exactly like the drama, with the only exception on how the triangular relationship was resolved at the end. There are parts that I completely forgot it happened in the drama but reading it again, all the images came back. There are some parts that I had teary eyes in the novel but not so from the drama so does it mean that it was badly acted or is it too well written…hmmm…

4 comments:

p.w. said...

oh cool, i didn't know that series was based on a novel...

Anonymous said...

Where can you buy it?

Yih said...

to p.w:

I forgot to mention that the novel is actually based on the drama!

to anonymous:

I guess you can buy it from Yesasia - http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/section-books/code-c/version-all/aid-23087/pid-1004169234/

p.w. said...

ah, oops. hehe, it is usually the other way around.