Friday, June 27, 2008

Lovers of Six Years

Lovers of Six Years Synopsis: (from www.koreanfilm.or.kr)
Jae-young and Da-jin have been going out for 6 years. Living next door, their sex is not so hot as before but they know everything about each other. Da-jin doesn’t mind to let Jae-young buy a tampon for her. Jae-young visits Da-jin’s mother from time to time to repair the house or just to say hello. One day, a fresh young girl approaches to Jae-young while Da-jin encounters a charming man through work that she shares a lot in common with herself. When these new people bring fresh air to their lives, their long love relationship starts to shake down.


My comments:
I liked Lovers of Six Years despite finding it a bit long and the story too simple. It’s basically about ordinary couple Da Jin and Jae Young being together for 6 years; they are so familiar with each other that there is almost no sparks between them. When they are together, they fight/argue about small matters so they question if the love still exists and if they are really happy. Both of them have people who shows interest in them and can they resist? I was slightly disappointed that one of them couldn’t resist and cheated but I believe that in real life it would happen too. I had difficulty siding who because there are times that is hard to judge who is right and who is wrong. But at the end, I think it’s all fair and I believe it’s a happy ending.

I like the performance of Yoon Kye Sang and Kim Ha Neul in this movie. It’s very spot on, nothing over dramatic. They make a cute couple.

No comments: