Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Funeral

Happy Funeral Synopsis: (from Yesasia)
Generation Y's infatuation with romance, growing pains, and Facebook are explored in this delightful sequel to the sleeper hit TRUTH OR DARE: 6TH FLOOR REAR FLAT. This time, the rental unit at 6th floor rear flat is occupied by six new youngsters, who want to start a business together. The death of one of their roommates' elder friend inspired them to start a "Happy Funeral" business, so that the deceased' life is celebrated instead of mourned. As they go about their plans, the six of them will also learn valuable lessons about life, love, and being responsible for your own actions.


My comments:
Happy Funeral is really a “young” movie since we have the newest sweet girl Elanne Kong and two popular duo groups Fama and I Love You Boyz starring it and even Taiwan’s popular Lolipop guest starred it. The first quarter was bleh for me as we see these slackers being aimless and having immature and pointless conversations about 'crap'. The movie gets more promising as I’m more attached to the characters and I really hope that they would succeed in their happy funeral business. You see them maturing and being more real at the end. My favorite character is actually Tian Yuan’s Kay. I so LOLed at the hockey scene with Fama and Lolipop…haha, don’t mention Fahrenheit in front of Lolipop, we get that now :p

I was expecting romance to develop between them but it didn’t turn exactly this way, except for one pair and I thought it was pretty sweet. I’m so used to seeing Fama and I Love You Boyz being funny on screen so it was nice to see them a little serious and doing dramatic scenes. It was supposed to be a happy funeral at the end but I cried like crazy. How ironic!

No comments: