Friday, August 8, 2008

Hins Cheung - Urban Emotions

I still bought Urban Emotions despite hearing people say that it's disappointing. I agree that there is a certain level of disappointment because Hins did not write any songs in this album and he's leaning more to the commercial path singing crowd pleasing songs. Furthermore, it didn't help that I absolutely found his first two plugs 他的故事 and 櫻花樹下 boring. I find myself not having interest in listening to the whole album a third time. I listened to all his albums and my favorite is still am/pm and I can conclude that I prefer him singing Mandarin more than Cantonese...


In short, what I love about this album is its title: Urban Emotions and the CD booklet.

Songs that I wouldn't skip:

- 不吐不快 => it should be his jackpot hit of the year but the mention of '吹水' in the lyrics kinda ruined the song a bit. What was Lin Xi thinking when he wrote the lyrics?

- 鬧鬼愛情 => the only song that gave a surprise and I found myself tapping along

His Mandarin and Cantonese Hate That I Love You duet with Rihanna were nothing special but gimmicks. Listen to the original version instead. 吻得太逼真, Mandarin version of last year's hit 酷愛 is an unnecessary bonus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.