Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm in Wonderland!

I got these two albums yesterday; I already finished Khalil's concert and I'm listening to Hins' CD as I'm typing this.


I'll just focus on Khalil's Wonderland Live 2008 DVD + CD on this post and these are the highlights:


The most haunting performances: 南音, 每天每天
The most perfect performances: 拖男帶女, 叫我怎麼說
The most charming performances: all the English songs
The most lively performances: 愛的初體驗 (with Endy Chow), the MJ dance
The most surprising performance: 春風吹, almost unrecognizable after its rearrangement
The most funny performance: 歌手與模特兒, look how he improvised when he forgot the lyrics
The most disappointing performance: 蘇麗珍, I love this song but that performance wasn't his best.

It's always an enjoyment to listen/watch Khalil live because he's the type that goes with the flow and it's always different each time he performs. For this concert, I give him my thumbs up, totally worth that 20$ I paid and a special thank you to Warner HK for being generous this time releasing a DVD and a CD, bows again to Warner!!!

However, some minor complaints here. It's very obvious that they cut a lot of Khalil's talking (I want to hear his lame gags =)) and those blurry and slow motion shots took away the live feel, it felt more like shots for MTV. Too bad that his performances with Fiona Sit and Fama were not included in the DVD as well because it sounded really good in the CD.

When the camera was on the crowd, I spotted a few celebrities: Eason Chan, Wyman Wong, William So and Louis Cheung...hehe...

No comments: