Monday, December 6, 2010

Break Up Club

Break Up Club Synopsis (from AsianMediaWiki)
Joe (Jaycee Chan) is an aimless young man who loves Flora (Fiona Sit) sincerely. Unfortunately for Joe, Fa breaks up with Joe due to his lack of ambitions. Joe then comes across the website "www.breakupclub.asia" which promises to reunite lost loves if they are willing to break up another couple ....

Meanwhile Joe is picked to participate in a documentary by director Barbara Wong dealing with break ups...


My comments:
Thanks to cousin p for lending me this movie. Jaycee Fong and Fiona Sit reuniting 5 years later for Break Up Club. They went from playing a teenage couple in 2 Young to playing a 20 something couple in this movie. Their chemistry is evident and I enjoyed the movie despite that I didn’t find their individual character likable. We see them breaking-up for some small matters, making up and then breaking up again in the same pattern so I think a happy ending for them is questionable. I like that it was an open ending, leaving it to the viewer's imagination. I admit that I did cry for the airport scene and I was surprised by the little twist at the end. It’s funny to see Patrick Tang in such flamboyant role.

1 comment:

p.w. said...

although the individual characters are not so likable, i thought they felt pretty 'real'.

i found most of the movie a bit underwhelming, since nothing much happens. until the big reveal in the end, which made the movie worth watching.