Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho

Due to busy work schedule and lots of gatherings, it took me longer than usual to finish My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho (SBS, 16 episodes)...

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho Synopsis (from DramaWiki):
Cha Dae Woong accidentally releases a gumiho, a legendary fox with nine tails that eats the livers of humans. When he finds out that she is a gumiho, he ends up doing crazy things to prevent the girl from eating his liver.

Cast:
Lee Seung Ki as Cha Dae Woong
Shin Min Ah as Gumiho
No Min Woo as Park Dong Joo
Park Soo Jin as Eun Hye In
Byun Hee Bong as Cha Poong
Yoon Yoo Sun as Cha Min Sook
Sung Dong Il as Ban Doo Hong


My comments:
As a Hong sisters drama, I expected My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho to be a cute and lighthearted drama but I didn’t expect to cry my eyes out during the last episode. I was a bit worried that it will be a sad ending. I enjoyed this and I laughed at some hilarious moments (the most memorable one being Mi Ho giving that billboard ad to Dae Woong as a gift and his expression!) but compared to the Hong sisters’ previous works, this one didn’t give me severe withdrawal symptoms hehe…

Lee Seung Ki and Shin Min Ah have great chemistry as a couple and Shin Min Ah is just too adorable as the clueless gumiho; I also wanted to pinch her cheeks. Her naivety and innocence at first created some absurd and funny situations. I can totally understand Dae Woong’s fears and burdens by having Mi Ho by his side. Who would not go gaga over him once he made up his mind to fully accept Mi Ho and that there is no going back for him. But I was more fascinated by No Min Woo’s character Teacher Dong Joo. The actor itself just had a few expressions throughout the whole drama but it worked because it’s such a mysterious character. He was considered as a roadblock to our main couple’s happy ending but it was interesting that it wasn't for love as he didn’t love Mi Ho in the romantic sense.

I enjoyed Dae Woong’s aunt and the director’s part as well because of cheesy references of A Better Tomorrow. I laughed out loud when they played that Leslie song. It’s also nice to see a darker haired Jeremy (Lee Hong Ki) and a longer haired Go Mi Nyeo (Park Shin Hye) from the Hong sisters’ previous drama You’re Beautiful appearing as cameos. Even UEE appeared as a art student. But…where were Tae Kyung and Shin Woo? :p

No comments: