Thursday, April 19, 2007

These Korean actors...

I started to watch Korean dramas since 2002 and my first one was All About Eve. Frankly speaking, I didn't like it that much and I was not completely head over heels over Jang Dong Gun. The next ones that I watched made me had a temporary crush on the actors such as Bae Yong Jun after Hotelier, Kim Jae Won after Wuri's Family and Go Soo after Piano but I didn't have the urge to dig their other works though...

After watching a fair number of K-dramas and K-movies, I'm not embarrassed to admit that I got charmed by quite a few actors. Hehe...here's my list:


Rain/Bi/Jung Ji Hoon (25/06/1982)
First saw him in: Full House
Later saw him in: Sang Doo, Let’s Go To School, A Love To Kill
=> I thought that his hair and wardrobe in Full House is hideous; but how can I not like him when he grins secretly and do those cute grimaces. I like Sang Doo but it’s not a drama that I will rewatch countless times. He looks the best in A Love To Kill but too bad that drama is on the top of my “Don’t waste time on it” list. I so want to go to watch his concert in Toronto!


Hyun Bin (25/09/1982)
First saw him in: My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
Later saw him in: Ireland, Spin Kick, A Millionaire First Love
=> I remember thinking that he looks weird when I first saw him but those dimples...ah! His performance as the arrogant and icy prince is so memorable in Sam Soon and I like him in Ireland although the drama is beyond weird. Still haven't watch Snow Queen yet...


Jung Woo Sung (20/03/1973)
First saw him in: A Moment To Remember
Later saw him in: Musa, Sad Movie, Daisy
=> I think that he’s the best looking Korean actor. He looks handsome in clean shaven look (like in Sad Story) or scruffy look (like in A Moment To Remember). A Moment To Remember tops on my favorite melodrama list.


Chun Jung Myung (29/11/1980)
First saw him in: Fashion 70’s
Later saw him in: Goodbye Solo, What’s Up Fox, The Aggressives, Les Formidables
=> A versatile young talent. From all the things I saw him, he presents himself differently. My heart ache for him as the rebellious son in Fashion 70's and he’s 180 degrees different in What’s Up Fox displaying boyish charms.


Park Gun Hyung (01/11/1977)
First saw him in: Innocent Steps
Later saw him in: Miss Kim’s Adventure in Making A Million, When Spring Comes, Riverbank High
=> I was charmed the moment I saw him dance in Innocent Steps. Innocent Steps still ranks at my top 5 favorite Korean movies, it’s just so sweet and touching! His character in Miss Kim is so bland and boring that I wonder why on earth both ladies were fighting for him...


Kim Ju Hyuk (03/10/1972)
First saw him in: Lovers in Prague
Later saw him in: Singles, Mr.Handy, When Romance Meets Destiny, Blue Swallow, Love Me Not
=> Not the best looking one but I think he's very charismatic. He's so good in portraying deadpan, stony expressions characters. A lot of people didn't like Lovers in Prague but I liked it a lot more than Lovers in Paris thanks to Jun Do Yeon and him.


Lee Dong Wook (06/11/1981)
First saw him in: Alcohol Land
Later saw him in: My Girl, Hanoi Bride, parts of Letters To the Parents, parts of Loving You, Arang
=> I only have vague memory of him in Alcohol Land as the jerk who turned good at the end. It’s My Girl that made me like him. I think that he’s not the best actor out of the bunch since I found him awkward in some scenes in My Girl but Gong Chan sshi is just too irresistible. Later I went to dig his previous dramas but couldn’t finish the majority...


Lee Seo Jin (30/01/1973)
First saw him in: Shooting Stars
Later saw him in: parts of Damo, Lovers, parts of Phoenix, Freeze, Shadowless Sword
=> He was the bad guy in Shooting Stars, the one that I feel like strangling. It wasn’t until Lovers that I’m completely smitten by him, those dimples...ah! He’s just ultra cool and suave as the gangster. I abandoned Damo because I knew the tragic ending in advance, I just don't have the courage to watch it.

*All pics from hancinema.net

No comments: