Friday, May 11, 2007

Be Strong, Geum Soon

Yup, after chasing it for almost a month, I finally completed all 163 episodes!

Be Strong Geum Soon Synopsis (from MBC Global)

This is a story of a young widow, Geum-Soon, who never becomes discouraged or blames other people - no matter what happens in her life. The viewers will get both hope and comfort by watching her do her best in everything she does.
It is also a story of a family who loves and takes care of each other. You can always turn to your family and their love gives you the hope to get through the tough times. Sometimes, they seem to make your life more difficult, but they will always stand up for you and love you whatever you do.

My comments:
At first, I was scared of the length but I was willing to give it a try because of positive feedbacks and I’m familiar with most of the cast. I’m glad I did because I think it was an uplifting, positive and encouraging drama about family and love. There are a lot of thing that I found very touching in every kind of relationship: Geum Soon and her in-laws, Geum Soon and Jae Hee, Geum Soon and her son, Geum Soon and her grandma and mother, and Jae Hee and his mom. True, it did drag a bit here and there, the conversations can be repetitive at times and the story can be manipulative as well. Overall, it was a very effective drama and I admit that I used a whole box of tissues for this drama.

The characters are very real and human; they are all flawed and imperfect. No one is evil here, some characters might be annoying but they have their reason and it's understandable when you're at their positions; therefore, you cannot really hate them. I’m very satisfied with the ending. If Geum Soon didn’t have a good ending after all the hardships she went through, I swear I’m going to kill someone (ha!)…


Pics from MBC

No comments: