Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Wife Is A Gangster 3

Yikes…after finishing Thank You a few days ago, I’m still not entirely over the drama yet therefore, I just can’t start a new one now…I did watch My Wife Is A Gangster 3 to kill time though.


Sypnosis from Yesasia:
Chinese-Korean Lim Aryong (Shu Qi) gets sent to South Korea to lay low by her triad leader father (Ti Lung) who is engaged in a bloody power struggle in Hong Kong. In Korea, Aryong meets kindhearted gangster Ki Chul (Lee Bum Soo) who, unaware of her identity, tries to protect her from the legions of thugs hunting her down. Little does he realize, Aryong is more than capable of defending herself.

My comments:
Hmmm...seeing Shu Qi, Ti Lung, Ken Lo and Sek Sau in a Korean movie is errr…interesting. The movie was entertaining enough; just don’t think too much while watching this. The biggest problem with this movie is how unconvincing Lee Bum Soo and Shu Qi’s characters can ever fall in love. The deliberate mistranslation tactics are funny at first but it became tiring later. I find it odd that Shu Qi speaks Cantonese a moment and switches to Mandarin later and then back and forth.