Friday, May 25, 2007

Witch Yoo Hee

Just finished Witch Yoo Hee (SBS, 16 episodes) now and I can't wait any longer to voice my disappointment about this drama!

Witch Yoo Hee Synopsis (from DramaWiki)
As the director of her father's advertising company, Ma Yoo Hee (Han Ga In) is known as a witch for her ruthless, no nonsense character. After a string of failed attempts to hire a housekeeper, she (literally) runs into Chae Moo Ryong (Jae Hee), ex-medical student turned aspiring chef. As a way to work off his debt for crashing into her car, he agrees to become her housekeeper and personal love affairs coach for one month. Gladly, he gives her a makeover that attracts both her old friend Johnny Kruger (Dennis Oh) and her first love Joon Ha (Kim Jeong Hoon). Despite having a girlfriend, Sung Mi (Jun Hye Bin), Moo Ryong eventually finds himself falling for Yoo Hee.

Cast:
Han Ga In as Ma Yoo Hee
Jae Hee as Lee Moo Ryong
Dennis Oh as Johnny Krueger
Kim Jung Hoon as Yoo Joon Ha
Jun Hye Bin as Nam Sung Mi

Nice wallpaper eh?

My comments:
With a cast like this, I expected something good but too bad that the eye candy cast cannot save this disappointing drama. I thought episode was bleh and I was wondering if I’ll be able to make it until the end. Since episode 2, it got slightly better and then it started to go downhill after episode 11 when it’s going all wishy washy. The main problem is that I didn’t feel for any of the characters, I didn’t laugh too much and cry with them at crucial moments. The idea of three guys liking Yoo Hee should be interesting but the way it played out is annoying and tiring. At the end, I just don’t care who Yoo Hee ends up with (although it’s obvious who she will likely end up with from usual k-norms). The sudden change of attitudes from the roadblocks’ of our main couple’s relationship is too unconvincing at the end…

Besides the story, I’m also disappointed with the performance of the cast. I think Jae Hee is acting the same as he did in Delightful Girl Choon Hyang, with similar expressions. Kim Jung Hoon is in his Yul mode (for me it’s annoying). Han Ga In as the witch is not witchy and mean enough. Jun Hye Bin is ineffective, bland and boring as the second female character.

After saying so many negative things about this drama, is there anything good at all? Errrr…yeah…the OST is not bad, Han Ga In’s wardrobe is worth a look and the dishes they displayed looked yummy…

* Opening credit of the drama

No comments: