Monday, June 11, 2007

H.I.T

Just when I think it was record breaking to finish 16 episodes of Thank You in 4 days last month, I used 3 days to finish another K-drama, H.I.T (MBC, 20 episodes) just now…I’m getting crazier these days…

H.I.T Synopsis (from MBC Global)
A love story.
A story of men and women who have different values in their profession, who each go through their personal conflicts and doubts, but in the end, come to understand each other.

A drama about professionals.
Previously, Korean TV series only used the characters' occupations as a mere backdrop and hardly ever dealt with the joys and sorrows of the profession.This series portrays prosecutors and police officers through the conflicts of values and their daily lives.

A story of a team.
In modern society, everything happens in units of teams, families being the only exception.With many families breaking up in this day and age, teams are becoming your family outside the family.Viewers will be able to relate to the conflicts and interests among the team members and experience a catharsis from the trust and friendship that overcomes those conflicts.This is a success story of team members who overcome their differences and unite as one.

A series that challenges the stereotype.
It breaks the stereotype that prosecutors are rigid and always play by the book, and only men can be homicide detectives. This series is based on a real-life prosecutor representing his new generation and the first female chief of homicide. It will deliver their challenging spirit to the viewers and satisfy their needs for something new as well as entertain through the portrayal of a life of a woman in a men's world.

A constant roller-coaster ride.
On top of the romantic love affair and strong loyalty among the team members, its crime busting action will relieve the stress of viewers who are exposed to the constant danger of crimes in modern society.The carefully detailed scenes will be spectacular and entertaining..

Cast:
Go Hyun Jung as Cha Soo Kyung
Ha Jung Woo as Kim Jae Yoon
Kim Jung Min as Kim Young Doo
Yoon Ji Min as Jung In Hee
Son Hyun Joo as Jo Gyu Won
Jung Dong Jin as Kim Il Joo
Kim Jung Tae as Shim Jong Geum
Choi Il Hwa as Kang Ol Ha
Dong Suk as Nam Sung Sik

My comments:
This drama was not on my priority list because besides the female lead, Go Hyun Jung, I wasn’t exactly familiar with the rest of the cast. However, I wanted something that is not too dramatic and I certainly wasn’t looking for brainless rom-com so I picked H.I.T (Homicide Investigation Team). I’m glad I did because it’s an enjoyable, exciting and suspenseful police/crime drama. Little by little, I recognize some of the cast, notable ones: Ha Jung Woo who I remember as Jeon Do Yeon’s reliable and loyal bodyguard in Lovers in Prague and Jung Dong Jin who I remember as the student who liked Han Chae Young in Fireworks.

H.I.T is different from usual Korean dramas. The pace is even throughout the drama and the romance element is light; it focuses more on the cases (which I liked) and how people change. The H.I.T team is formed by a bunch “problematic” police officers. They started as an highly uncooperative team with each one having their desires/selfishness/dark sides. From the time they spent together as a team, they start to understand, care, trust and support each other. I find the process of this bonding very touching. The acting is all good. The last murderer really gave me chills when he laughs and shows his teeth!

I was sinked in the drama since episode 1 and I already felt the tension and chemistry between Soo Kyung (Go Hyun Jung) and Jae Yoon (Ha Jung Woo). Their courtship was rather funny but they did not share a lot of romantic moments together. Is it only me, I think that once they are together, their chemistry is not as sparkling...However, we do witness a rather hilarious bed scene at the end. From the looks of it, it’s highly possible that there is a sequel.

* Opening credit of the drama

No comments: