Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lust, Caution

Lust, Caution Synopsis (from Yesasia)
When an ordinary girl is given an extraordinary mission, patriotism will not only test her aptitude for murder but the will to break her own heart. Academy award winning director Ang Lee embroils us in the deceptive and unsavory world of Japanese occupied Shanghai in 1942. A young, shy Wang Jia Zi is recruited by a student group and their charismatic leader dead set on countering the puppet government. Her first mission; to seduce the head of the regime's secret police, enrapture herself in the affair, and then end his life. Adapted from Eileen Chang's novella.


My comments:
I know that there are lot of in-depth reviews of Lust, Caution so I’m not going to embrass myself for writing one (ha!)…So I’ll just make it short and sweet. It’s a 158 minutes movie but it didn’t feel long and I wasn’t bothered by the overplayed mahjong scenes. Very good acting from the cast and I didn’t think that Lee Hom did that bad. I especially like the last scene/shot of Tony Leung, it’s so beautifully done! A highly watchable movie.

No comments: