Monday, July 9, 2007

Crazy For You

Just finished Crazy For You (SBS, 16 episodes) and I have to write down my thoughts before I forget them...

Crazy For You Synopsis (from DramaWiki)
Suh Jin Young is an aviation maintenance technician and her husband passed away due to a traffic accident. Kim Chae Joon dreams to become an aviation pilot but he encounters an unfortunate accident. Chae Joon goes to prison for accidently killing a man in a car accident. The man happens to be Jin Young's husband. Jin Young and Chae Joon develop a love relationship.

Cast:
Yoon Kye Sang as Kim Chae Joon
Lee Mi Yeon as Suh Jin Young
Lee Jong Hyuk as Lee Hyun Chul
Kim Eun Joo as Jo Min Hee


My comments:
Crazy For You from start to end carried a dramatic tone. Even when there were supposed to be happy moments, I felt pain. For me, it was a difficult viewing experience because after I finished each episode, I wanted to continue but at the same time, I was so afraid that something tragic will come up next. When I finished the drama, I felt relieved. I expected a major tragedy at the end but I was pleasantly surprised that the end gave us a glimpse of optimism for our lead couple. I think it’s the best ending for them.

Jin Young and Chae Joon were absolutely not meant to be together in the first place but what can they do when fate brings them together? Fate is really playing a cruel joke on all the characters. Who should be blamed for all the mess? I thought about it but had no definite answer. The characters, there were really no evils here as I cannot hate anyone of them. They all had my sympathy. I wished that Hyun Chul and Min Hee had a better ending, hoping that they could end up together, if it was ever possible. The acting was very good. Korean actors/actresses prove us once again that they can cry convincingly (and beautifully), whether it’s tearing, sobbing, wailing or bawling (Ha!).

This drama can be easily labeled as clichéd, predictable, boring and slow and I semi- agree with that. There are times that I wish the pace could be faster but there are also times that I was really into the drama. I think this drama is not recommended to those who are impatient and those who are not into mature story…

The main cast

No comments: