Saturday, July 28, 2007

Korean songs vs. Chinese cover versions

I was looking for some originally Korean songs that were being covered by Chinese artists and vice versa for a friend so I decided why not post them here too...

Original Korean versions => Chinese cover versions:

- Freestyle - Y (Please Tell Me Why) => Will Pan & Xuan Zi - 不得不爱
- Yoo Seung Jun - Passion => Juno Mak - 愛上殺手
- Brown Eyes - Already One Year => Wong Hei - 我信
- G.O.D - Road => EO2 - 我知道
- Jo Kyu Man - I Will Give You All => Leon Lai - 愛比我重要
- J - Goodbye => Joey Yung - Goodbye
- Koyote - I Love Rock & Roll => Krusty & 2moro - 男生女生配
- Park Jin Young - Honey => Jacky Cheung - 頭髮亂了
- FIN.K.L. - I Can’t Cry => Emme Wong - 戀愛拼圖
- Tei - Sorry => Kenny Kwan - 分手不要太悲哀
- Wax - Want To Love You => Janice - My Love My Fate
- Lee Jung Hyun - Crazy => Evonne Hsu - 孤单芭蕾
- Lee Jung Hyun - Change => Sammi Cheng - 熬科
- Lee Jung Hyun - Wa => Sammi Cheng - 獨家試唱
- Rich - (unknown title) => Jacky Cheung - 禮物

Original Chinese versions => Korean cover versions:

- 老鼠爱大米 => Lee Soo Eun - I Love You
- David Tao - Melody => Jo Kyu Chan - Melody

Phew...there are more to the list but this is actually very time consuming...

P.S. This post is not meant to bash Chinese artists are unoriginal and copycats or vice versa!

2 comments:

Zhao said...

Melody is an original Chinese composition by David Tao covered by Korean singer Jo Kyu Chan who also did a cover of David's Airport in 10.30.

Anonymous said...

Lim Chang Jeong's Smile Again was covered by Cheung Chi Lam's Wish Kwan Well.