Saturday, September 29, 2007

Flying Boys

Flying Boys Synopsis (from Yesasia)
Yoon Kye Sang of the popular group GOD makes his screen debut as Min Jae, a young man in his last year of high school who finds love in a most surprising place. Min Jae has long adored Soo Jin (Kim Min Jung of Bus Stop), who lives in the same apartment complex, but Min Jae fears approaching her because he's not sure he'll be able to take the rejection.

But Min Jae and Soo Jin are soon thrown together in the most unlikely of places: ballet school! A ballet teacher blackmails Min Jae and his friends into attending his class, where Min Jae meets the also unwilling-to-attend Soo Jin. A cast of oddball characters populates the class, and neither Min Jae nor Soo Jin any interest in actually learning to dance. But the experience allows them to witness some of life's small joys and minor defeats, and brings them closer to growing up...and perhaps each other.


My comments:
Yoon Kye Sang and Lee Jun Ki doing ballet…that’s something to see! I had that movie in my computer for some time but it’s now that I’m digging it to watch. I expected a boring movie about confused youngsters going through a process of growing up and learning about oneself and others. However, it wasn’t really the case as I had a great time watching this movie, especially the dance performance at the end which is totally awesome! I can relate to this movie when I recall back how lost and undecided I was during the stressful college/university application period because I wasn’t sure what program to choose. Well, expect to see an uncool Kye Sang and Jun Ki…hehe! It's also a surprise to spot Kim Dong Wook ('My Chan' guy in Coffee Prince) here in a minor role...

No comments: