Monday, October 29, 2007

Recently watching...

I told myself to avoid long Korean dramas since Be Strong, Geum Soon (that was 163 episodes in 30 minutes per episode length) but now I took the challenge of trying to complete Lotus Flower Fairy, which is 174 episodes in total! I’m currently in the 50s episodes. Frankly speaking, this drama moves at a snail pace with repetitive dialogues, very LONG karaoke scenes and occasional annoying flashback scenes. Why am I continuing then? First, it’s good to see Lee Da Hae in a more serious role before My Girl fame and after being slightly put off by her recent Hello! Miss. Second, I’m expecting a very touching love story between Cho Won (Lee Da Hae) and Moo Bin (Kim Sung Min) in the upcoming episodes even though I think they seem too coy as a couple until now. Last, I always found shamanism fascinating and it’s interesting to see a Korean drama involving this theme and their approach to it.