Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Khalil Fong - Orange Moon


Wow, it's been a year already since Wonderland! I got my copy of Orange Moon yesterday and I'm still listening while typing this. It's so LOVE! It's so laid-back, smooth, relaxing and romantic, suitable for the holidays mood. Orange Moon didn't give as much surprise compared to Wonderland but I admire its simplicity and the arrangement of each song is worth checking out. I don't have a track that I feel like skipping. I'm 200% positive that there will be a 2nd edition with a bonus DVD...wanna bet anyone?


My 5 favorite tracks (very hard to choose though):

- Singalongsong => A simple and heartfelt song. When I heard the first 2 lines, I thought it will be Love Song's lyrics in English. Khalil singing in English is just so dreamy...

- 小小蟲 => I didn't feel much when I heard it at first but when I read the lyrics, it scores extra points. The lyrics are written by Fama, it's just so cute!

- 黑白 => one of my top 3 favorites of the album, reminds me a bit of 每天每天 but more jazzy. Just listening to the melody is romantic enough.

- 黑洞裡 => Romantic and the lyrics are so beautiful!

- 每個人都會 => I've been listening to this song for half a year and it's easily one of my top 10 of the year. The lyrics are just so heartwarming.

At around 16 minutes of the last track, there's a hidden track called Orange Moon, which is the demo of Eason Chan's 倒帶人生...

1 comment:

p.w. said...

that 'singalongsong' is nice, but it's not really my style. it's nice to hear him sing in english (for once, i can actually understand the lyrics).