Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Playlist of early December

- 鑽禧 - Shirley Kwan => Themesong of TVB's Gem of Life, which I'm not watching obviously but as a song, it's just super cool.

- 天國的微笑 - Fiona Sit => A song that sounds like standard pop but it isn't and that needs a few repeats to warm up but I see improvements in Fiona's singing.

- 小酒窩 - JJ Lin & Charlene Choi => A saccharinely sweet karaoke friendly duet but I like it and find myself humming after listening to it once. Surprised at JJ's Canto pronounciation...

- 今夕是何年 - Hacken Lee => The last time that I really like a Hacken song was probably 六呎風雲; although there is still the trademark Hacken singing here, there is a fresh feeling in this song.

2 comments:

p.w. said...

as usual, i do listen to your monthly playlists, hoping to discover new stuff. here are my impressions for this month.

鑽禧 - shirley kwan: yeah, cool song, i like the tango feel to it.

天國的微笑 - fiona sit: sorry, i don't understand how this girl is a singer; her voice irritates me. but then i saw a video of her performing this song on jsg, and there's a definite improvement there.

小酒窩 - jj lin & charlene choi: i confess, i'm a sucker for duets, and this one was very well done, very sweet...

今夕是何年 - hacken lee: no comment; this sounds like typical canto pop to me.

Yih said...

thanks for your support and comments, cousin! :D